The NYU College of Nursing Faculty Practice (NFP) is staffed by highly qualified mastered and doctoral prepared Nurse Practitioner (NP) faculty. The NFP offers a full range of comprehensive, evidence-based, and friendly primary healthcare services to all adults 18 and older, with a special emphasis on caring for the older adult through the Elder Care Program. The NFP through its affiliation with NYU College of Nursing also serves as clinical rotation or training site for NYU’s undergraduate and graduate nursing students, dental hygiene students, and dental residents by providing the necessary competencies related to primary care of the adult.
Who are Nurse Practitioners (NPs)?
- Advanced licensed registered nurse with either a master’s or doctorate degree with advanced training in primary care.
- Licensed by the State of New York to deliver independent, expert health care in collaboration with a physician.
- Nationally certified in areas of adult health, geriatrics, and psychiatry.
- Diagnose and treat common health conditions, including chronic illnesses such as Diabetes, Hypertension, Obesity and others and have an unrestricted prescriptive authority.
- Focus on health promotion, disease prevention, health education and counseling and are truly your partners in health.
- Focus on patients' conditions as well as the effects of illness on the lives of the patients and their families.
How long have NPs been providing health care?
- NPs have provided excellent health care for more than 40 years.
- The NFP's Nurse Practitioners have a combined experience of more than 20 years.
Francisco Diaz, MSN, ANP-BC, GNP-BC (MSN - Master's in Nursing)
Madeleine Lloyd, MSN, FNP-BC, MHNP-BC (MSN - Master's in Nursing)
Jamesetta A. Newland, PhD, FNP-BC, FAANP, FNAP (PhD – Doctorate of Philosophy in Nursing)
Leslie Taub, DNSc, ANP-C, GNP-BC, CDE, C. BSM, FAANP (DNSc – Doctorate in Nursing Science)
Edwidge Thomas, DNP, ANP-BC (DNP - Doctorate in Nursing Practice)
Contact the NFP: 212-998-9420