- Direct contact with expert faculty in the field of family advanced practice nursing
- Prepares the student for primary care management of patients and families across the lifespan
- Small student-to-faculty ratio
- Individualized student advisement
- Internal transfers are not allowed
- Educate family nurse practitioners who will provide leadership in developing, implementing, and evaluating interventions which promote the highest possible quality of life for children, adolescent, adult and older adult patients, their families, and communities.
- Develop evidence-based knowledge that advances patient-centered, family-centered, primary care practice for patients and their families across the lifespan.
- Prepare graduates to act as change agents in healthcare settings to promote quality, safety, and cost-effective outcomes.
- Provide direction for the development of innovative primary care programs that address the healthcare needs of diverse populations, especially those in medically underserved urban and rural communities.
- Clinical placements are arranged by faculty.
- Outstanding clinical placement opportunities are available throughout the tri-state area and include:
- Premier primary care, ambulatory care, teaching centers (e.g. Bassett Medical Center, Community Healthcare Network, Mt. Sinai Medical Center (MSMC), NYU Langone Medical Center (NYULMC), NYU Lutheran Family Health Centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC), Montefiore Medical Center, New York-Presbyterian Health System (NYPHS), North Shore – LIJ Health System).
- Select community-based private practice clinical sites supportive of the Family Nurse Practitioner primary care role
- The NYU Rory Meyers Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Program prepares graduates to be eligible to take the American Nurses Certification Corporation (ANCC) FNP Certification Exam as well as the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) FNP Certification Exam.