The Switzer Foundation Scholarship was generously donated by The Switzer Foundation, a charitable organization and supporter of the NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing. This scholarship is designed to support top academic achievers in the College of Nursing’s traditional baccalaureate program. This scholarship is a one-time award available only to women in the traditional baccalaureate program. Awards cannot be deferred or renewed. This scholarship award is merit and need based.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
To be considered for The Switzer Foundation scholarship a student must:
- Applicant must be female, not having earned a previous baccalaureate degree
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Applicant must be a full time traditional student who entered NYU Meyers from high school
- Applicant can be a new or continuing student
- Applicant must have a legal residence within fifty (50) miles of New York City
- Applicant must submit a current résumé
- Applicant must submit a unofficial transcript from NYU College of Nursing
- Applicant must submit a typed personal statement of 500-1000 words that describes your commitment to a career in nursing and how this scholarship will support your professional goals.