The William and Evelyn Frissell Scholarship will provide direct support to PhD students during the thesis portion of their studies for research related to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia or geriatric nursing; DNP, Post-Masters and Master’s students who demonstrate a commitment to geriatric nursing and who are in good academic standing. Four students will be chosen a year for a one-time award of $5,000. This scholarship award is merit based.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
To be considered for the William and Evelyn Frissell Scholarship applicants must:
- Have strong academic performance as evidenced through minimum cumilative GPA of 3.00
- Be a PhD student with a demonstrated commitment to conduct research related to Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia, or geriatric nursing
- Be a DNP, Post-Master’s, or Master’s level student who demonstrates a commitment to geriatric nursing
- Applicant must submit an unofficial NYU transcript. New NYU student applicants can apply but in order to be considered must provide a transcript representing cumulative GPA at prior college or university.
- Applicant must submit current résumé,
- Applicant must submit one letter of recommendation
- Applicant must submit a 1-3 page statement of one’s interest in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia and/or geriatric research (PhD students) and one’s commitment to geriatric nursing (DNP, Post-MS and MS students)