The HRSA Nursing Scholarship Program (NSP) will cover tuition, required fees, reasonable school related expenses including books, clinical supplies, laboratory fees, and a monthly stipend to individuals who are enrolled or accepted for enrollment at an accredited school of nursing.
In exchange for this scholarship, each recipient agrees to serve for a period not less than 2 years at a health care facility with a critical shortage of nurses
- U.S. Citizens or nationals
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time or part-time student in an accredited school of nursing in a professional registered nurse program (baccalaureate or graduate)
- Free from any Federal judgment liens
- Free from existing service commitments
- Not in default of any Federal debt
- Preference is given to qualified applicants with the greatest financial need who are enrolled full-time in an undergraduate nursing program.
The deadline for the HRSA Nursing Scholarship Program has historically been in the late spring. Please consult the website to seek updates. When deadlines are released, email reminders will also be sent to all currently enrolled nursing students.
Please note that this scholarship program is not an NYU-based program. Students who are interested in the Nursing Scholarship Program (NSP) must contact HRSA directly for more information and an application. Please do not contact NYU College of Nursing for information. Applications and a program description are available online at:
https://bhw.hrsa.gov/loansscholarships, or by calling 1-800-221-9393 (TTY: 1-877-897-9910), 8 am to 8 pm ET, weekdays (except Federal holidays)