Laptop/Tablet PC Requirements
Registered students at NYU Meyers are required to have, for exams and other purposes, a portable computer device that meets the following requirements.
- 8 GB of Memory (RAM)
- 128 GB Hard-drive of free space
- Wireless card with 802.11 capability
- Integrated Webcam and Microphone
- An authentic and registered Windows or Apple macOS 11 (not iOS) operating system with the latest updates
- Microsoft Office 2010 or above
- Symantec Endpoint Protection (Anti-virus) provided free by NYU
- PDF reading software(e.g. Adobe Reader)
Nursing Informatics Students Only (Required for specialty courses)
- MS Access (Provided Office365 version only installs to Windows OS*)
- MS Visio (Provided Office365 version only installs to Windows OS*)
- MS Project (Provided Office365 version only installs to Windows OS*)
*MacOS users needing this are encouraged to purchase a Windows 10 license separately and install it using bootcamp or a virtual machine. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this.
You can get Microsoft Office 365 for free with your valid NYU email address.
For students in the Nursing Informatics, Masters and Advanced Certificate Programs,
in addition to the above requirements, the Nursing Informatics specialty courses will require
Microsoft Access, Visio and Project Management application software.
If you are shopping for a new laptop, NYU Meyers highly encourages you to look at the offerings from the NYU Computer Store. The store has competitive pricing.