The Visiting Scholars platform fosters collaboration between NYU Meyers and experts in the field of nursing and health-related disciplines from across the country. This is a wonderful opportunity for scholars from other universities to share perspectives and generate scholarly research. Each Visiting Scholar is given access to the NYU Library system and assigned an NYU Meyers Faculty Mentor for the duration of their time at NYU for the purpose of providing guidance in the scholarly work the Visiting Scholar wishes to perform at NYU.
Visiting Scholars are considered guests of the University who may visit for a temporary period of up to one year (renewable). As non-employees, they have no teaching or other responsibilities and are not entitled to salary or housing. Additionally, visiting scholar designations should not be used to provide free courses, dissertation supervision, or other privileges to graduate or post-graduate students, or for the sole purpose of providing library privileges.
Almost always, Visiting Scholars must arrange their own housing in New York. To the extent possible, NYU Meyers can assist a Visiting Scholar in identifying housing options but it is ultimately the responsibility of the visitor to secure his/her own housing. Please note that workspace at NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing is not guaranteed for Visiting Scholars; however, we will do our best to provide some works space if any is available to us.
Interested individuals must meet the following qualifications:
- Be established experts in their field with a scholarly record commensurate with a faculty appointment at New York University
- Have a particular scholarly endeavor they wish to achieve with which an appointment as a Visiting Scholar would be beneficial
- Have identified a faculty sponsor with whom they will collaborate
- Have a doctoral degree prior to arrival
Please gather the following materials for a complete application:
- Approximate dates the visiting scholar expects to begin and end his/her appointment
- A copy of his/her most recent CV, which should include current contact information: telephone number, permanent address and email address
- A research statement/statement of interest
- Completed Visiting Scholar application form for approval signatures
- Please submit all materials to Nicolas Heller, HR/ faculty affairs generalist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Completed applications will be presented to the Office of the Executive Vice Dean and NYU’s Office of Academic Appointments
- Once approved, all documentation (Welcome Letter, Instructions, Visiting Scholar Policy) is sent to the Visiting Scholar
- Please submit applications at least four months prior to the anticipated arrival.
For more information, please contact Nicolas Heller, HR/faculty affairs generalist at email@example.com