The Global Initiatives team at NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing is a leader in nursing practice, education, and research. Global Initiatives is committed to advancing nursing practice around the world with a focus on international partnerships and collaboration.
Our work spans six continents through practice, education, and research program. Global Initiatives delivers high-quality research, enhances clinical and preventative care, and fosters active learning and teaching through collaboration among faculty, students, researchers, patients and targeted populations. We currently have programs in 15 countries and historical experience in an additional 13 and collaborate with NYU campuses in Shanghai and Ghana.
Our mission is to conduct research and implement programs that address health disparities, inform clinical practice and improve the health and well-being of individuals, families, and communities in the US and throughout the world. We promote translational science through generating, disseminating, and using knowledge for policy and practice.
Explore where we work below.
- Advanced Nursing Practice Program in Lithuania
- Collaboration to Advance Nurse Practitioner Competencies in Master’s Degree Programs
- Ghana Nurse Leaders
- Ghana PA Curriculum Development
- Global Oral Health Nursing Scholar
- Implementation of a Sexual Health Intervention for YMSM in two Vietnamese Cities
- Implementing Tobacco Use Treatment
- International Adaptation of the Nurses Improving Care for Health System Elders (NICHE)
- Liberia Health Workforce Program
- Mobilizing Maternal Health: Capacity Building to Improve Mentoring and Precepting Skills in Tanzanian Nurses and Midwives
- Partnership with Chinese University
- Rwanda Human Resources for Health (HRH) Program
- Sectoral Attitudes of Ecuadorians toward Refugees
- World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Center for Gerontologic Nursing Education