Registered students at NYU Meyers are required to have, for exams and other purposes, a portable computing device that meets the following requirements:
- 4GB of Memory (RAM)
- 80 GB Hard-drive of free space
- Wireless card with 802.11 capability
- Integrated Webcam and Microphone
- An authentic and registered Windows or Apple macOS (not iOS) operating system with the latest updates
- Microsoft Office 2010 or above
- Symantec Endpoint Protection (Anti-virus) provided free by NYU
- PDF reading software (e.g. Adobe Reader)
You can download Microsoft Office 365 for free with your valid NYU email address by visiting office.com/getOffice365.
If you are shopping for a new laptop, NYU Meyers highly encourages you to look at the offerings from the NYU Computer Store. The store has competitive pricing. Review the University's recommended models.