Registered students at NYU Meyers are required to have, for exams and other purposes, a portable computing device that meets the following requirements:
- 4GB of Memory (RAM)
- 80 GB Hard-drive of free space
- Wireless card with 802.11 capability
- Integrated Webcam and Microphone
- An authentic and registered Windows or Apple macOS (not iOS) operating system with the latest updates
- Microsoft Office 2010 or above
- Symantec Endpoint Protection (Anti-virus) provided free by NYU
- PDF reading software (e.g. Adobe Reader)
You can download Microsoft Office 365 for free with your valid NYU email address by visiting office.com/getOffice365.
If you are shopping for a new laptop, the College of Nursing highly encourages you to look at the offerings from the NYU Computer Store. The store has competitive pricing. Click here to find the college's recommended models.