Awarded based on a nomination by the PhD Committee
Jacqueline Fawcett, PhD, received both her Masters and PhD from New York University. Dr. Fawcett is dedicated to helping nurses advance the science of nursing through theory and research. This scholarship is open to all part-time and full-time doctoral students who have passed the dissertation proposal review. Eligible students must be conducting research using a nursing theory. Award amount varies each year. The award can be used to offset dissertation expenses. Funds are made for only one academic year or semester. Awards cannot be deferred and are not automatically renewed.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Applicant must be a full-time or part-time doctoral student who has passed the dissertation proposal review.
- Applicant must be conducting research using a nursing theory.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Applicant must submit an abstract of proposal
- Applicant must submit a letter of support from one's chairperson
- Applicant must submit a statement regarding how the funds will be used to support one's scholarship