Awarded: Fall, Spring, and Summer
Established by the Louis and Rachel Rudin Foundation Inc., the Scholarship assists part-time and full-time matriculated students in Rory Meyers College of Nursing's undergraduate program. Awards are based on academic merit and demonstrated financial need. Award amount varies. The Louis and Rachel Rudin Foundation Inc., Nursing Scholarship is awarded per academic semester and cannot be deferred or renewed automatically. Preference will first be given to students from within the five boroughs of New York City and secondly to students from across the United States.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Applicant must be a matriculated undergraduate student registered for a minimum of six credits each semester.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Applicant must be a continuing student (having completed as least one semester at NYU).
- International students are not eligible.
- Awards are made for only one academic semester. Awards cannot be deferred and are not automatically renewed.
- Please complete the application with a brief statement on your commitment to the nursing profession and why you are seeking consideration for Louis and Rachel Rudin Foundation Inc., Nursing Scholarship. Please include any information that will be helpful to the College of Nursing Scholarship Committee. (Your statement should be typed and no more than 500 words).
- Submit a current resume and unofficial NYU Transcript.
- All applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for the Louis and Rachel Rudin Foundation Inc., Nursing Scholarship.
(Note: Please do not submit an essay previously submitted when applying for this award)