Awarded: Fall or Spring
Rory Meyers College of Nursing is pleased to announce the Norman H. Volk Doctoral Scholarship Fund created in honor of Norman H. Volk. This award is open to all PhD and DNP students specializing in geriatric older adult care. Awards are made for only one academic year or semester. Awards cannot be deferred and are not automatically renewed.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Have a FAFSA on file for the current academic year.
- Submit a current resume, unofficial transcript, and a one-paragraph statement in pdf format describing how your work pertains to geriatric older adult care.
- Be aware that students receiving tuition remission from NYU or NYU Langone are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships. Students receiving tuition remission from other employers may not receive awards above the total cost of their tuition for the term.
- Be aware that NYU Doctoral Graduate Assistants are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships.
- Be aware that international students are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships.
- Understand that awards cannot be deferred and are not renewable.
- Be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If awarded, agree to fill out a World of Thanks profile to thank their scholarship donors.
- Be enrolled in the DNP program OR be a PhD student who has passed the candidacy exam and is currently developing a nursing research project.