The Learning Experience Design (LXD) team works with the College and University communities to design, develop, implement, and assess engaging learning experiences supported by the learning sciences. The LXD team focuses on improving the learning experience of all NYU Meyers students through the following areas:
- Teaching and Learning Projects: We collaborate with faculty and researchers to understand learning challenges and support experiences in various formats, including web design, app development, video content, social media, games for learning, virtual reality, learning analytics, video conferencing and livestreaming, classroom active learning.
- Training and Support: We provide consultations and trainings on a wide range of topics in teaching, learning, assessment, and design, including: NYU Classes (LMS), University-available teaching and learning resources, nursing-specific educational technology, faculty development workshops, and guest lectures on learning strategies and tools.
- Global Initiatives: LXD supports synchronous and asynchronous connections with guest lectures and global colleagues at NYU Global Sites and global partners.
- Research: We consult on digital interactions to support behavior change and knowledge dissemination to targeted communities.
- Design and Innovation: Design thinking is an problem solving approach that emphasizes understanding people’s needs and continuous iteration in order to solve the right problem in a thoughtful way. Through Consumers and Interactive Health, a course that we designed and delivered, nursing students gain an introduction to design thinking and human-centered design as it applies to health care challenges.