Jocelyn Greenidge was a career nursing professional with a strong commitment to advancing the field that was such a major part of her life. She received her BSN from Hunter College and MA in Nursing Education from NYU. Ms. Greenidge was awarded the Distinguished Nurse Practitioner Award in 1973 by the New York State Nurses Association. She was committed to assisting talented nurses who will be the profession's future leaders.
The Charles W. Greenidge FRCS Scholarship Fund, named in honor of her brother, provides support for the advancement of cardiovascular nursing. NYU nursing students conducting research or demonstrating a strong commitment to the advancement of cardiovascular nursing may apply.
Funds are made for only one academic year or semester. Awards cannot be deferred and are not automatically renewed.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Have a valid FAFSA on file for the current academic year.
- Applicants must be continuing students (having completed at least 1 semester) and must be enrolled in the PhD, Masters, Traditional Baccalaureate, or Accelerated Baccalaureate program.
- DNPs are not eligible to apply for this award.
- Submit a current resume, unofficial NYU Meyers transcript, and a 1 paragraph letter addressed to the Charles W. Greenidge FRCS Scholarship Fund that identifies one’s interests and goals in cardiovascular nursing, as well as financial need.
- Be aware that students receiving tuition remission from NYU or NYU Langone are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships. Students receiving tuition remission from other employers may not receive awards above the total cost of their tuition for the term.
- Be aware that NYU Doctoral Graduate Assistants are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships.
- Be aware that international students are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships.
- Understand that awards cannot be deferred and are not renewable.
- Be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If awarded, agree to fill out a World of Thanks profile to thank their scholarship donor(s).