Awarded: Fall or Spring
NYU Meyers College of Nursing is pleased to announce the Davidson-Valoon Permanent Scholarship. This award honors Patricia “Pat” Valoon, RN, MSN, and Grace Davidson, RN. Ms. Valoon spent most of her nursing career at NYU Medical Center and served as director of pediatrics and then as associate director and director of nursing. Ms. Davidson was the former Chief Nursing Officer at NYU Medical Center. This scholarship is designed to support top academic achievers in NYU Meyers' master's in Nursing Education program.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Have a valid FAFSA on file for the current academic year.
- Submit a current resume, unofficial NYU Meyers transcript, and a brief personal statement (500 words or less) on one’s commitment to the nursing profession and one’s goals and commitment to teaching in nursing
- Be aware that students receiving tuition remission from NYU or NYU Langone are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships. Students receiving tuition remission from other employers may not receive awards above the total cost of their tuition for the term.
- Be aware that international students are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships.
- Understand that awards cannot be deferred and are not renewable.
- Be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If awarded, agree to fill out a World of Thanks profile to thank their scholarship donor(s).
- Applicant must be a continuing, matriculated Master’s student in the Nursing Education program.