The Rory Meyers College of Nursing is pleased to announce the George N. Giacobbe Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund for Accelerated Nursing Students. This scholarship is created in memory of Accelerated Nursing Graduate, George N. Giacobbe, on behalf of his family. George was a dedicated and passionate nurse who recognized his NYU nursing education as a foundation for his success.
This scholarship will be awarded to nursing students enrolled or entering the accelerated program who intend to join Men Entering Nursing (MEN), a program open to all students who come together to share information and help change the perceptions that affect men and what it means to be male in the field of nursing. Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Awards cannot be deferred or renewed and are based on academic merit and financial need. Awards cannot be deferred or renewed and are based on academic merit and financial need.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
To apply for The George N. Giacobbe Memorial Scholarship, students must:
- Have a valid FAFSA on file for the current academic year.
- Submit a current resume and an unofficial Rory Meyers transcript in pdf format.
- Be aware that students receiving tuition remission from NYU or NYU Langone Health are not eligible to receive NYU Meyers scholarships. Students receiving tuition remission from other employers may not receive awards above the total cost of their tuition for the term.
- Be aware that international students are not eligible to receive NYU Meyers scholarships.
- Understand that awards cannot be deferred and are not renewable.
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If awarded, agree to fill out a World of Thanks profile to thank their scholarship donor(s).
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in the 15-Month Accelerated Baccalaureate Degree program at NYU Meyers.