New and continuing part-time and full time: Traditional BS, Accelerated BS
The NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing is pleased to announce the Geraldene Felton Scholarship. This award was generously donated by Geraldene Felton. Ms. Felton served as a staff nurse in the US Army Corps from 1949-56 and held a variety of teaching and clinical positions, including nursing supervisor, nurse anesthetist, and deputy director of the Department of Nursing at Walter Reed Institute of Research. She retired from the Army Nurse Corps in 1975 and became a professor and dean of nursing at Oakland University School of Nursing. In 1981 she joined the University of Iowa College of Nursing as professor and dean, retiring in 1997. This scholarship is designed to support top academic achievers in the College of Nursing’s Baccalaureate Program. Awards cannot be deferred or renewed and are based on financial need and merit. Award amounts may vary.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Applicant must be a student in the baccalaureate nursing program (including students in the 15-Month Accelerated Program)
- Applicant must be a member of an underrepresented group in the profession of nursing and from a financially disadvantaged background
- Applicant can be a full or part time student
- Applicant can be a new or continuing student at the NYU Meyers
- Applicant must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- Applicant must submit a brief personal statement (500 words or less) on:
- One’s commitment to the nursing profession and why one should be considered for this award
- Applicant must submit a current and up to date resume
- Applicant must submit an unofficial transcript from NYU or his/her previous institution.