NYU Meyers is pleased to announce the Geraldene Felton Scholarship. This award was generously donated by Geraldene Felton. Ms. Felton served as a staff nurse in the US Army Corps from 1949-56 and held a variety of teaching and clinical positions, including nursing supervisor, nurse anesthetist, and deputy director of the Department of Nursing at Walter Reed Institute of Research. She retired from the Army Nurse Corps in 1975 and became a professor and dean of nursing at Oakland University School of Nursing. In 1981 she joined the University of Iowa College of Nursing as a professor and dean, retiring in 1997. This scholarship is designed to support top academic achievers in the College of Nursing’s Baccalaureate Program. Awards cannot be deferred or renewed and are based on financial need and merit. Award amounts may vary.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Have a valid FAFSA on file for the current academic year.
- Submit a current resume and unofficial transcript in PDF format.
- Be aware that graduate students receiving tuition remission from NYU or NYU Langone are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships. Students receiving tuition remission from other employers may not receive awards above the total cost of their tuition for the term. Undergraduate students, please consult the tuition remission policy on the Office of Financial Aid website.
- Be aware that international students are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships.
- Understand that awards cannot be deferred and are not renewable.
- Be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If awarded, agree to fill out a World of Thanks profile to thank their scholarship donors.
- Applicant must be a new or continuing student in the baccalaureate nursing program (including students in the 15-Month Accelerated Program)
- Be aware that preference will be given to applicants who identify as first generation and from a financially disadvantaged background.