Awarded: Fall and Spring
Rory Meyers College of Nursing is pleased to announce the Harriet Heilbrunn Nursing Scholarship for students who are pursuing their first baccalaureate degree and who are in their junior or senior year at New York University. This scholarship is generously funded by Ms. Helaine Lerner in honor of her mother, Harriet Heilbrunn. A scholarship award in the amount of $5,000 will be awarded based on students' academic merit, commitment to the nursing profession, and an interest in public health and practicing in New York City. The Harriet Heilbrunn Scholarship will be awarded to ten traditional juniors or seniors in the 2020/21 academic year.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Have a valid FAFSA on file for the current academic year.
- Be enrolled full-time in New York University's undergraduate nursing program as a traditional junior or senior during the beginning of the academic year.
- Pursuing their first bachelor's degree (second-baccalaureate degree students are not eligible).
- Submit a current resume and unofficial transcript, as well as a 1-page personal statement demonstrating an interest in public health and interest in practicing in New York City.
- Be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If awarded, agree to fill out a World of Thanks profile to thank their scholarship donors.
- Be aware that students receiving tuition remission from NYU or NYU Langone are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships. Students receiving tuition remission from other employers may not receive awards above the total cost of their tuition for the term.
- Be aware that international students are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships.
- Understand that awards cannot be deferred and are not renewable.