Established by Dr. Leonhard Felix Fuld and his sister, Florentine, in honor of their mother, the Helene Fuld Health Trust Scholarship Fund assists new 15-Month Accelerated Baccalaureate Degree Nursing Students at NYU Meyers. Scholarships are based on academic merit and demonstrated financial need. Through a competitive selection process, recipients will be awarded a scholarship divided equally over the four semesters of enrollment in the 15-Month Accelerated Baccalaureate Nursing Program. Applicants should demonstrate an interest in one of the following areas: a career in academic leadership and research toward a PhD in nursing or in community health settings.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Have a valid FAFSA on file for the current academic year.
- Submit a current resume, unofficial transcript, and a one-page statement describing interest in or commitment to academic leadership, research, and a PhD in nursing; OR a career in community health settings.
- Applicants must be newly matriculated students enrolled full-time in the 15-Month Accelerated Baccalaureate Degree Nursing Program (One must be a new student, beginning one’s first semester at NYU).
- Demonstrate strong academic performance from first baccalaureate degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Be aware that students receiving tuition remission from NYU or NYU Langone are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships. Students receiving tuition remission from other employers may not receive awards above the total cost of their tuition for the term.
- Be aware that international students are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships.
- Understand that awards cannot be deferred and are not renewable.
- If awarded, agree to fill out a World of Thanks profile to thank their scholarship donors.