Established by Dr. Leonhard Felix Fuld and his sister, Florentine, in honor of their mother, the Helene Fuld Health Trust Scholarship Fund assists new 15-Month Accelerated Baccalaureate Degree Nursing Students at the NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing. Scholarships are based on academic merit and demonstrated financial need. Through a competitive selection process, recipients will be awarded a scholarship in the amount of $10,000 divided equally over the four semesters of enrollment ($2,500 per semester) in the 15-Month Accelerated Baccalaureate Nursing Program. Applicants should demonstrate an interest in one of the following areas: a career in academic leadership and research toward a PhD in nursing or in community health settings.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Applicants must be a newly matriculated student enrolled full-time in the 15-Month Accelerated Baccalaureate Degree Nursing Program (One must be a new student, beginning one’s first semester at NYU).
- Demonstrate strong academic performance from first baccalaureate degree with a minimum
- cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must submit a brief 500-word essay describing their interest or commitment to one of the above-specified areas of interest. Please include any information that will be helpful to NYU Meyers College of Nursing Scholarship Committee.
- Submit a current resume that includes the grade point averages (GPA) of all degrees.
- Submit a transcript from one’s first baccalaureate degree.