Rory Meyers College of Nursing is pleased to announce the Jean Louise Smith Memorial Scholarship for newly enrolled students in the 15-Month Accelerated Nursing program at New York University. This scholarship is generously funded by relatives of Jean Louise Smith and is also supported by anonymous donors. Jean Louise Smith was a 15-Month Accelerated Nursing Program student who passed away before finishing her studies. Preferential consideration will be given to nursing students who express an interest in the care of oncology patients. Awards cannot be deferred or renewed and are based on financial need and merit. Award amounts may vary.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Have a valid FAFSA on file for the current academic year.
- Submit a current resume, unofficial transcript(s) from your first baccalaureate degree, and a 1 paragraph essay demonstrating your commitment to nursing and interest in the care of oncology patients.
- Applicant must be a newly enrolled full-time student in NYU Meyers undergraduate 15-Month Accelerated Nursing Program
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 overall grade point average from one’s first baccalaureate degree
- If awarded, agree to fill out a World of Thanks profile to thank their scholarship donors.
- Be aware that students receiving tuition remission from NYU or NYU Langone are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships. Students receiving tuition remission from other employers may not receive awards above the total cost of their tuition for the term. Undergraduate students, please consult the tuition remission policy on the Office of Financial Aid website.
- Be aware that international students are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships.
- Understand that awards cannot be deferred and are not renewable.