The Rory Meyers College of Nursing is pleased to announce the Jean Louise Smith Memorial Scholarship for newly enrolling students in the 15-Month Accelerated Nursing program at New York University. This scholarship is generously funded by relatives of Jean Louise Smith and is also funded by anonymous donors. Jean Louise Smith was a student in the 15-Month Accelerated Nursing Program who passed away before finishing her studies. Preferential consideration will be given to nursing students who express an interest in the care of oncology patients. Awards cannot be deferred or renewed and are based on financial need and merit. Award amounts may vary.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Applicant must be a newly enrolling full-time student in NYU Meyers undergraduate 15-Month Accelerated Nursing Program
- Applicant must demonstrate interest in the care of oncology patients
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 overall grade point average from one’s first baccalaureate degree
- Applicants must submit a current résumé
- Applicants must submit a typed personal statement of 500 words or less that describes one’s commitment to nursing and level of interest in oncology nursing and/or the care of oncology patients
- Applicants must submit an unofficial transcript from completed baccalaureate degree