Dr. Margret S. Wolf Hirschberg devoted twenty-six years of service to the NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing as an educator, director, and colleague. She was a strong advocate for nursing students in general and for students choosing the nurse educator role by obtaining a Master’s in Nursing Education. The Wolf Endowed Scholarship fund was created by her family to honor her and her everlasting commitment to improving nursing education through the preparation of excellent, qualified nurse educators. The fund provides financial support to graduate-level students who are obtaining their Master's degrees in Nursing Education. Dr. Wolf strongly encouraged graduates to continue their studies and obtain a doctoral degree in nursing.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Have a valid FAFSA on file for the current academic year.
- Submit a current resume, unofficial transcript, and brief personal statement (500 words or less) on your goals and commitment to teaching in nursing.
- Applicant must be a continuing, matriculated master's student in the Nursing Education program.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Be aware that students receiving tuition remission from NYU or NYU Langone are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships. Students receiving tuition remission from other employers may not receive awards above the total cost of their tuition for the term.
- Be aware that international students are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships.
- Understand that awards cannot be deferred and are not renewable.
- If awarded, agree to fill out a World of Thanks profile to thank their scholarship donors.