NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing has received a generous gift from Howard and Rory Meyers to support a program for traditional undergraduate nursing students in their third year. The $7 million scholarship gift, which will be effective over five years, will go toward an interprofessional clinical education experience at NYU Langone Hospital––Long Island, formerly NYU Winthrop Hospital, in collaboration with NYU Long Island School of Medicine.
Interprofessional Education (IPE) fosters working relationships between students from different healthcare professions where they learn and work together as part of their professional training. The goal of these interprofessional experiences is to provide competent and evidence-based interdisciplinary care that focuses on teamwork and collaboration to promote health for all patients. For additional information on Interprofessional Education (IPE), visit the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) website.
How will Interprofessional Education enhance your nursing school experience?
The scholarships supported by the gift from the Meyers family will provide full tuition, room, and board for select third-year nursing students, and will continue in the fall of 2022. Nursing students will collaborate in integrated classes with their medical-student colleagues, who will simultaneously be involved in clinical rotations at NYU Langone Hospital--Long Island.
- Have a valid FAFSA on file for the current academic year.
- Submit a current resume and an unofficial NYU Meyers transcript in pdf format.
- Respond to two short essay prompts in no more than 500 words per essay.
- Be aware that international students are not eligible to receive NYU Meyers scholarships.
- Understand that awards cannot be deferred and are not renewable.
- Be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- If awarded, agree to fill out a World of Thanks profile to thank their scholarship donor(s).
- Agree to participate in both off-campus clinicals and possible on-campus simulated clinicals at the NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island (Mineola, NY).
- Agree to live on campus in an NYU Residence Hall.
- Be enrolled full-time as a continuing traditional student in their junior year during the time of award. (Accelerated students are not eligible.)