NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing is pleased to announce the Ruth Horowitz Scholarship. The scholarship is named for the donor, Ruth Horowitz, who was an author, teacher, lecturer, teaching supervisor, Steinhardt alumna, and proud benefactor of NYU. Originally established for teachers in elementary education, this scholarship is now designed to support Master's students in Nursing Education.
Eligibility & Submission Requirements
To apply for The Ruth Horowitz Scholarship, students must:
- Have a FAFSA on file for the current academic year.
- Submit a current resume and an unofficial Rory Meyers transcript in pdf format, with the filename "lastname.firstname.typeofdocument."
- Be aware that students receiving tuition remission from NYU or NYU Langone are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships. Students receiving tuition remission from other employers may not receive awards above the total cost of their tuition for the term.
- Be aware that international students are not eligible to receive Rory Meyers scholarships.
- Understand that awards cannot be deferred and are not renewable.
- Be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If awarded, agree to fill out a World of Thanks profile to thank their scholarship donors.
- Applicant must be a matriculated Master’s student in the Nursing Education program
- Applicant must submit a brief personal statement (500 words or less) on one’s commitment to the nursing profession and one’s goals and commitment to teaching in nursing