The Social Justice Award was created with a gift from the estate of Harriette and Norman Dorsen. This scholarship will be awarded to a nurse practitioner student whose passion is the care of vulnerable/marginalized populations and the reduction of health inequities. Scholarships are based on academic merit, demonstrated financial need, and commitment to social justice/advancing health equity.
Standard eligibility, submission requirements, and terms of award for all NYU Meyers Donor Scholarships are as follows:
- Applicants must submit a current resume and an unofficial NYU Meyers transcript.
- Applicants must have a current FAFSA on file.
- Students receiving NYU or NYU Langone tuition remission or reimbursement are not eligible.
- NYU Doctoral Graduate Assistants are not eligible.
- International students are not eligible.
- Awards cannot be deferred and are not automatically renewed.
- Recipients of NYU Meyers Donor Scholarships agree to fill out a World of Thanks profile to thank their donors. Recipients may also be required to submit additional biographical information and updates where applicable.
- Applicants must be enrolled in NYU Meyers' MS or DNP program with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must submit a 1-page (maximum) statement addressing their goals and commitment to social justice in healthcare.