The Vernice D. Ferguson Memorial Scholarship was established to honor Vernice D. Ferguson's service to the nursing profession. Vernice D. Ferguson received her baccalaureate in nursing from NYU and later in life served as a nurse executive for the United States Department of Veterans Affairs for many years. Rory Meyers College of Nursing has established a scholarship for Military Veteran students studying at the undergraduate level in honor of Vernice D. Ferguson.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- The applicant must be a Military Veteran enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Applicant must be a continuing student (having completed at least one semester at NYU).
- International students are not eligible.
- Awards are made for only one academic semester. Awards cannot be deferred and are not automatically renewed.
- Please complete the application with a brief statement on your commitment to the nursing profession and why you are seeking consideration for the Vernice D. Ferguson Memorial Scholarship. Please include any information that will be helpful to the NYU Meyers College of Nursing Scholarship Committee. (Your statement should be typed and no more than 500 words).
- Submit a current resume and unofficial NYU Transcript.
- All applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered.