Awarded: Fall, Spring and Summer
The William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship Fund for Geriatric Nurse Practitioners will award scholarships to part-time and full-time graduate students enrolled in the Adult Primary Care and Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Programs who are interested in geriatric nursing. The awards must be used for tuition. Awards cannot be deferred.
Please read the following instructions and submit all required materials by the application deadline listed above. The College of Nursing Scholarship Committee will not review incomplete applications.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Applicant must have completed at least one semester at NYU Meyers as a matriculated student in the APC-NP or AAC-NP program.
- Applicant must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Applicant must provide evidence of a commitment to a career in geriatric nursing in their two to three page goal statement.
- Applicant must submit a resume/CV that indicates their leadership potential through NYU Meyers and Community activities: e.g., participation in NYU Meyers Advanced Nursing Student Organization (ANSO) or an undergraduate nursing student organization or committee(s); consistent record of volunteer work with the geriatric community; demonstrated commitment to service at NYU Meyers such as participation in new student recruitment activities.
- Applicant must have received a positive recommendation from APC MS Program Coordinator or AAC MS Program Coordinator based on his/her interview which assessed the student’s: 1) interest in geriatric nursing with a specific focus on complex needs of the frail elderly population, and 2) leadership potential in serving as geriatric NP.