P20 Center for Precision Health in Diverse Populations
Our mission is to promote nursing research in metabolic syndrome (MetS) and related multiple chronic conditions (MCC). The Center allows for more individualized care and to extend nursing science by offering biomarker, genetic/genomic, biobehavioral, lifestyle, and environmental explanations that will inform nursing care for diverse populations with symptoms of MetS.
- Promote innovative nursing research in MetS and related MCC: its complexity, relatedness, biodiversity, and impact for individuals and families using a precision health ecological perspective.
- Develop and sustain a research infrastructure of resources to support and accelerate early career scientists in exploring MetS and related MCC.
- Facilitate development of sustainable interdisciplinary collaborative teams dedicated to building the science of MCC from a precision health ecological perspective.
External Advisory Committee
Gail D'Eramo Melkus, EdD, ANP, FAAN
Jacquelyn Taylor, PhD, PNP-BC, RN, FAAN, FAHA
Directors & Co-directors
Pilot Administrative Core:
Victoria Vaughan Dickson, FAAN, FAHA, FHFSA, PhD, RN (Director)
Bradley Aouizerat, PhD (Co-director)
Technology Resource Core:
Allison Vorderstrasse, MSN, RN (Director)
Winslow Burleson, PhD (Co-director)
Abraham Brody, PhD, RN, FAAN (Director)
Lloyd Goldsamt, PhD
Laura Prescott, MA
Deborah Chyun, PhD, RN, FAHA, FAAN
University of Connecticut School of Nursing
Janet Deatrick, PhD, FAAN
University of Pennsylvania
Terry Fulmer, PhD, RN, FAAN
The John A. Hartford Foundation, Inc.
Geoffrey Ginsburg, MD, PhD
Sharon Kardia, PhD
University of Michigan
Elizabeth Walker, PhD, RN, CDE
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Extending Sleep to Reverse Metabolic Syndrome in Middle-Aged Adults: Acceptability and Feasibility of a Sleep Intervention
- PI: Susan Malone, MSN, PhD
Predictors of Novel Morning and Evening Fatigue Profiles in Adults with Metabolic Syndrome
- PI: Fay Wright, APRN-BC, PhD, RN